Experience Comfy And Smooth Wisdom Teeth Extraction at Southern Cross Smiles
Is the wisdom tooth causing extreme pain and discomfort? Well, at Southern Cross Smiles, you can get this problematic tooth removed conveniently. Our dental professionals are experienced in offering gentle wisdom teeth extraction with personalised care. Usually, the last teeth to erupt on both sides of the upper and lower jaw, these are unnecessary in humans today. Wisdom teeth can cause –
- Misalignment of other teeth
- Bacteria accumulation
- People in their late teens and early twenties (between 15 and 25 years) are most likely to experience wisdom teeth problems.
They are the third or final molars and erupt in the teenage years. As the jawbone is fully developed by now, there is not enough room for them to erupt properly. Hence can lead to them getting impacted and cause infection and pain.
Wisdom Teeth Diagnosis And Extraction
This requires the dentist to conduct and oral examination and usually takes a full-mouth X-Ray/Radiograph (OPG). At Southern Cross Smiles, we have in house OPG machine so it is convenient for you to get an accurate diagnosis done on the spot. Most private health funds cover all or a portion of the costs depending on the insurance company and the type of extra’s/ancillary cover you have. Some of the reasons when a wisdom tooth needs to be extracted are:
- Infected Gums:
A partially erupted wisdom tooth can lead to food getting lodged under the gum flap causing infection, bad breath and pain. Antibiotic treatment may be required prior to extraction.
It may be an orthodontic requirement for spacing reasons to have wisdom teeth removed Other reasons can be cyst formation and denture fitting requirement.
Instructions – Post Operative Care
There are some precautions to be taken after an extraction. Which are as follows:
- Avoid smokin
- Do not suck on a drink through a star as it can put pressure on the wound
- Do not drink alcohol for at least 24 hours after the procedure
- Avoid strenuous exercise or work
- Have mild and soft food for the next few days
- At our dental clinic, we strive to make this procedure as comfortable as possible for you. Call Southern Cross Smiles in Docklands now ! 9670 0321